Thursday, August 28, 2014

La Yomall - JLT

"La Youmal" is an Arabic expression which means: "cannot be bored with". So, quite an interesting name for a cafe/restaurant that makes your mouth water from anticipation.

I tried "La Youmal" twice in the past 6 months. The first time was a disappointing Jordanian Mansaf which had nothing to do with the Mansaf other than the name.  I am not Jordanian and I was disappointed at the taste. My Jordanian friend really tried hard to give the dish a name and could not in the end.  He said it is an OK plate but it is not Mansaf.

The second time I tried "La Youmal"  was 2 days ago.  I said to myself, let me give it one more try. May be the Mansaf was a one off bad experience. I ordered beef shawerma sandwich (small sandwich AED 7) and believe me, I was searching for the meat while eating. It was a mix of tomatoes, onions and tahina sauce wrapped in Arabic bread and every now and then there is a tiny and very thinly slices piece (note the singular use of piece - not pieces) of meat.

I understand the business in JLT is not as good as cafe owners would like and I understand the community is not yet coming together as one to support businesses. Nevertheless, this kind of service/product delivery can do nothing but harm to the business.  It's a chicken and egg case. If more people come, the cafes will make more money and hence give better service and better quality products. But from the consumers' standpoint, we will only go to a place again and again if the quality of the product bought is good and the service is also good.

So, until somebody tells me "La Youmal"  has significantly raised its quality, I will not be placing orders anymore. If I really craved a shawerma sandwich from my community, I would be calling "Shawermaty" instead. But that is another post!

3 comments:

  1. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Great Information
    Here, you will be greeted with a host of spa & beauty treatments, along with creative & innovative services, for you to look good & feel even better!

    RE- Salons & Spas continues UAE expansion with launch of third and fourth outlets in Dubai Internet City and Dubai Marina
    Home Spas Dubai at Dubai for home services and best offer.
    *Home Spas Dubai
    *Facial in dubai
    *Salon and spa in dubai
    *Home spa dubai
    *Salons and spa
    *Beauty and spas Dubai Internet City

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need a quick long or short term Loan with a relatively low interest rate as low as 3%? We offer business Loan, personal Loan, home Loan, auto Loan,student Loan, debt consolidation Loan e.t.c. no matter your credit score.

    Personal Loans (Secure and Unsecured)
    Business Loans (Secure and Unsecured)
    Consolidation Loan and many more.

    Contact US for more information about Loan offer and we will solve your financial problem. contact us via email

    Email 1: markthomasfinanceltd@gmail.com
    Email 2: apply@ronniefinance.ltd
    Whats-App on+919667837169
    http://ronniefinance.ltd/fastloan
    Dr. Mark Thomas

    ReplyDelete